What is “real food”? It’s unadulterated grown/raised as nature intended FOOD. One ingredient. Grown organically. Raised without hormones, antibiotics, GMOs.
Real foods include:
- Raw milk from cows on clean pasture eating grass, supplemented with a bit of non-GMO or organic feed while milking
- Pasture-raised, grass-fed beef, either grass-finished on pasture or finished with non-GMO or organic grains while still on pasture. Real beef is never raised in a barn, never confined to a stall! We love grass-fed grass-finished beef, but we also love a fatty rib-eye and that requires some grains. Most of us can live with that!
- Pastured pork & chickens supplemented with non-GMO or organic grains
- Eggs from chickens living on pasture supplemented with non-GMO or organic grains
Where to find REAL food:
- westonaprice.org – see “find food & local chapters” link in the sidebar and find the chapter closest to you. As a chapter leader, our only job is to keep track of real food farmers!
- realmilk.com – EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about milk 🙂
- Ask farmers at markets or on social media. Search “pastured beef YOURSTATE” on the web or on social media. When you find a farmer, ask if s/he knows other real food farmers in the area!
- Search for an organic association in your state — they will know farmers!!!
Real Food Online
These two real food farmers ship to you! If you can’t find locally, these farmers are awesome. I personally know them both!!!
Shared with love xo Sally
PS. This blog is sponsored by Energy Fizz, the perfect afternoon pick-me-up: low carb, 4 yummy flavors, b12, chromium, a bit of herbal caffeine. Quit the afternoon endless coffee & soda that just leaves you jittery, tired & wired — switch to a healthy energy fizz drink! Right now, buy 3 boxes, get free shipping + a $29 rebate 🙂