FLU-Y? ME, TOO!!! Actually US, too. We’re all feeling under it! It might be a cold or sinus (change in weather?) but it feels yucky, so we’re going with my cold cure!
Yeah, conventional med says there isn’t a cold cure… that you need to manage symptoms and wait it out, 7-10 days. But we haven’t had a cold last more than 3 days in YEARS. I dunno. Maybe we’re just lucky?
If you wanna get lucky, too — heh — try my simple cold cure go-to!
- Cold Calm — homeopathic for colds
- Oscillococcinum — if you suspect flu
- Calcium Lactate — excellent for the immune system (and bones — I take at least 2 every day) These are purchased from a Standard Process distributor. My distributor is Veronica and you can email her here.
- 30k Vit D3 — every four hours for a day or two
- 1400 mg Lipo C — every couple of hours
- 150 mg Zinc — 30-50 mg every 3-4 hours
- Detox Tea — mixed with a little green if that’s your jam
- with Local honey if you can get it; if you can’t, we love this honey!
- Energy Fizz for fun + B vitamins
- And chicken noodle soup!!! <<< That’s the cure, y’all 🙂
Delicious cold cure: Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients — use as much organic as possible so there are no pesticides to interfere with the healing!
- organic noodles from Costco (so cheap and no glyphosate)
- pastured chicken (but use grocery store if that’s what you can get)
- fresh minced ginger
- ditto garlic (we’ll put 4 heads in a pot of soup)
- pre-packaged salad (Costco, $5 for a huge bag)
- any spices you like
Salad? Yep!!! We get the big bags of organic Mediterranean salad from Costco and add a couple of cups to a pot of soup. It’s really tasty and pretty!
Mushrooms not required, of course, but if you love shrooms, always good in soup!
If you are NOT a liver fan but would love to add more of this superfood to your diet, cook, then mush in the Cuisinart or blender and add to a big pot of soup. You won’t know it’s in there and you get all the good!
Not doing anything else today! I even put a space heater on this morning to get rid of the chill in my bones. Feeling good, got my fizz and Netflix clicker. I’m set!
What do you use for a cold cure?
Tell me — I’m always looking for new healing ideas!!!